Welcome to My Embroidery Hobby!

Hello! Welcome to my blog. This is the place where I do a little of a lot. I am not really fantastic at one thing or hobby, only okay at a bunch of little things. But that is what makes it fun! I am also a major copycat crafter. I find things I like and then make my own, I rarely come up with good ideas on my own. So Thank You to all you crafters out there who give me great ideas and projects to do!

Monday, August 6, 2012

Bookshelf Makeover: Painting bookshelf cupboards

I have been wanting to fix this bookshelf up for some time. Before we moved here, red was the accent color in our family room, but now it has been changed to blues and greens so these red doors and bin were driving me crazy. Because we live in a fairly small house, we don't have alot of storage space, so this bookshelf gives us what we need. Mainly, all my kids toys are sorted in the bins and then we have our books/coloring books, scrapbooks in the other shelf spaces. 
But it definitely needs a makeover. So my first job was to fix the blasted red cupboards.

Unscrewed the cupboards.

Painted.

Then screwed them back on. I totally cheated and didn't paint the inside of the box cupboards. 

I only really cared about what the outside looked like.