Welcome to My Embroidery Hobby!

Hello! Welcome to my blog. This is the place where I do a little of a lot. I am not really fantastic at one thing or hobby, only okay at a bunch of little things. But that is what makes it fun! I am also a major copycat crafter. I find things I like and then make my own, I rarely come up with good ideas on my own. So Thank You to all you crafters out there who give me great ideas and projects to do!

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

52 Reasons Deck of Cards

Back in April it was my husbands birthday. He was given a fun remote control helicopter which he loves to fly--the kids love it too. But I wanted to give him something else just to let him know how much I really appreciate him and love him. 
When I saw this idea on a friends blog I loved it. I should post my source, but I don't think she wants me posting her family blog so I will just say Thank You Audrey!
 It is a deck of cards made into a book.
 Mine is quite thick because I mistakenly used cardstock and also double layered on top of the card.
All it took was printing, cutting, and gluing onto cards.
On the inside it looks like this:


It was really fun thinking of 52 Reasons why I love my husband. I ended up having quite a bit more than 52 so I had to cut back. But this made a great gift.
This was done by his birthday, I just haven't gotten around to posting it until now.