We have never actually bought Grant a tie and for the last year or so he has been using the same two or three ties. Usually it was just one tie week after week at church because it was his favorite.
We thought it would be nice to give him a whole range of color ties to choose from.
We hang them up in his room so he can choose what color he wants that day. The second picture they are kinda spread out so you can see all of them. My favorite is the Dr. Seuss one in the back middle. It is white and just has a whole bunch of book titles on it.
I used the pattern found here to make the ties. Since I made them all assembly line style, it actually didn't take too long. I would do it one step at a time for all the ties at once instead of doing one from start to finish then doing another. Ten ties were made in about seven or eight hours. Not bad.
Although, I think he thinks his belt is cooler than his ties. When trying to get a picture he just kept lifting his tie and showing me his belt. Funny kid.

