Welcome to My Embroidery Hobby!

Hello! Welcome to my blog. This is the place where I do a little of a lot. I am not really fantastic at one thing or hobby, only okay at a bunch of little things. But that is what makes it fun! I am also a major copycat crafter. I find things I like and then make my own, I rarely come up with good ideas on my own. So Thank You to all you crafters out there who give me great ideas and projects to do!

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

'Look What I Made' Art Display

Mark's family also has a Christmas gift rotation. We had Cami & Brian this year. I was stressing so badly because I had no idea what to get. One day last week I was determined to find something so I just started sifting through random magazines for ideas. I happen to sift across this page in a magazine called "Signals". This magazine has a whole bunch of random gifts, many of which are really neat or fun. This idea was perfect, and my first thought was, "Hey, I can make that!". Cami & Brian have a 1-year-old daughter who I just know is now creating all sorts of creative art projects that need to be displayed!

This is the original from the magazine:

My copycat:

Luckily, I happened to have all the materials on hand. I didn't have to buy a thing! Love it when that happens. 

Painted the first layer/color.

Painted the second layer/color, as well as the clothes pins (which I took apart).

Added some scrapbook paper via modpodge, let it dry, add the vinyl wording and scribbles which I cut using my Silhouette.

Clothes pins put back together and some paper modpodged on these as well.

 And you have a great display for all that fun creative artwork.

Merry Christmas to Cami, Brian, & Maddie!