Welcome to My Embroidery Hobby!

Hello! Welcome to my blog. This is the place where I do a little of a lot. I am not really fantastic at one thing or hobby, only okay at a bunch of little things. But that is what makes it fun! I am also a major copycat crafter. I find things I like and then make my own, I rarely come up with good ideas on my own. So Thank You to all you crafters out there who give me great ideas and projects to do!

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Clear Magnetic Doll Toy Storage Bin

Thanks to a good friend of mine I found these Melissa & Doug magnetic dress up dolls. They are awesome! I bought a pack of 3 Melissa dolls (Thank You Sam's Club for the great deal) for Michele to give to her on her birthday, Christmas, and some other random occasion. I am debating on giving the boy athletic pack to Grant or Michele...not sure if Grant will really go for it.

But the problem is that they have lots and lots of little pieces. So we needed something to store them in.

Ashley, from Make It and Love It had just posted a new clear storage bin project last week. She made them for her little girl's small toy pieces. It was perfect! I love the draw string closure with a cord stop. I had to add some height to the clear vinyl to fit the tallness of the dolls, but it worked out. Vinyl was even on sale for 50% off at Joann's! Boo-yah!

I think I actually made the vinyl too tall. But this was a super fast project. Only took about 1 1/2 hours from start to finish, and that was with reading instructions step by step. So I definitely plan on making more for other small toy parts. Grant is going to be getting a bunch of hot wheel cars for Christmas so a smaller plastic storage bag would work great for that.

I have never sewn with vinyl before, it can get pretty tricky, but Ashley (Make It & Love It) had some great techniques and tips for sewing on vinyl.  Found Here.