Welcome to My Embroidery Hobby!

Hello! Welcome to my blog. This is the place where I do a little of a lot. I am not really fantastic at one thing or hobby, only okay at a bunch of little things. But that is what makes it fun! I am also a major copycat crafter. I find things I like and then make my own, I rarely come up with good ideas on my own. So Thank You to all you crafters out there who give me great ideas and projects to do!

Friday, October 7, 2011

Mummy Applique Pillowcase


We are trying to get my 2 3/4 year old excited about potty training. When she saw that toddler potty and realized she would have to sit on it, she lost all interest whatsoever in the world of potty. So, to get her excited I told her I had a surprise gift to give her if she sat on the potty (baby steps here). Well, not only did she sit, she fully stripped down and sat on that potty for about 3 full minutes. It was awesome, and as promised, I gave her the surprise gift.

A pillowcase with an "M" for Michele. This is an applique design from Planet Applique. I got the entire applique alphabet free because I spent a grand total of $5.49 on other designs. 
If you can't tell, it is a mummy design with cute little eyes poking out. I used that super soft minky fabric for the applique.


Michele loves it.

 The fabric is that super soft (super hard to sew with) fabric. Not sure what it is called. But it just makes you want to cuddle with it.

Yae for my little girl learning to use the potty!