Welcome to My Embroidery Hobby!

Hello! Welcome to my blog. This is the place where I do a little of a lot. I am not really fantastic at one thing or hobby, only okay at a bunch of little things. But that is what makes it fun! I am also a major copycat crafter. I find things I like and then make my own, I rarely come up with good ideas on my own. So Thank You to all you crafters out there who give me great ideas and projects to do!

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Homemade Enzyme Cleaner

I am all about lowering my monthly cleaning budget lately. I found this recipe to make your own homemade concentrated enzyme cleaner from Homemade Mamas which cleans just about EVERYTHING. Floors, windows, bathrooms, sinks, counters, laundry stains and just daily cleaning stuff. 
The good news: it is made out of brown sugar, water, and pineapple (or citrus) skin. 
The Bad News: it takes 3 months to make.
You put all ingredients in a 2L container and let it ferment for 3 months as well as give it a good shake everyday for the first month. I have it place in my laundry room and I go in everyday when I do my load for that day and give it a little shake then just leave it be.
I made it on February 14 (Happy Valentine's Home!) so I have the bottle dated and I will update this post in May. Hope it all goes well!