Welcome to My Embroidery Hobby!

Hello! Welcome to my blog. This is the place where I do a little of a lot. I am not really fantastic at one thing or hobby, only okay at a bunch of little things. But that is what makes it fun! I am also a major copycat crafter. I find things I like and then make my own, I rarely come up with good ideas on my own. So Thank You to all you crafters out there who give me great ideas and projects to do!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Homemade Laundry Detergent

I searched for 'homemade laundry detergent' on Pinterest and was very happy to find this blog post from Being Creative to keep my sanity on making detergent. This is a super easy recipe for making your very own laundry detergent. This picture is from her blog to show you what the recipe calls for. 
I think the total price came to $20.
My batch ended up filling this container and the ziplock bags. I have been potty training Michele so I have done LOTS of laundry loads recently and I have been using my homemade detergent for about 6 weeks now and have only used less than 1/4 of the plastic container. 


I snagged the scoop that came with my Oxyclean and use one scoop per load (a little more if a large load, a little less if a smaller load). I also have a HE washer and it works perfectly. I know you can use those scent beads (or whatever they are called) but I didn't because the smell of this is nice and clean and not too overpowering. I am so excited to see how long this lasts! $20 for many months of laundry? Yes, please.