Welcome to My Embroidery Hobby!

Hello! Welcome to my blog. This is the place where I do a little of a lot. I am not really fantastic at one thing or hobby, only okay at a bunch of little things. But that is what makes it fun! I am also a major copycat crafter. I find things I like and then make my own, I rarely come up with good ideas on my own. So Thank You to all you crafters out there who give me great ideas and projects to do!

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Laminating Machine

I have been wanting to make those file folder games for my children. I looked into just getting all my pieces laminated and the price was OK but it was just inconvenient getting it done. So I did some research on buying a laminating machine. The cheapest one I found was $20, which was fine, I would have just bought that, but then I found this laminator at Joann's for $50--BUT I used a 40% off coupon, so it was only $30. It is also the actual Scotch brand which is the brand of all those heat seal laminating sheets you see at Walmart so I thought it was worth it to spend the extra $10. 
I have been going lamination crazy lately. So much fun!

Valentine Bingo cards.

Last minute preschool idea. I found all these clipart designs on Word, printed them on cardstock, laminated them, and then used them for a game to have the kids help me find the vegetables then put them in the cart (the letter of the day was "V" so we learned about Vegetables).

So many useful applications. Just wait until I show you my file folder games! Woot!