Welcome to My Embroidery Hobby!

Hello! Welcome to my blog. This is the place where I do a little of a lot. I am not really fantastic at one thing or hobby, only okay at a bunch of little things. But that is what makes it fun! I am also a major copycat crafter. I find things I like and then make my own, I rarely come up with good ideas on my own. So Thank You to all you crafters out there who give me great ideas and projects to do!

Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Michele's Valentine Nails

 Michele (6 years old) really wanted Valentine themed nails. So with a little bit of pink and white polish, and some nail stamps she got a pretty cute set.

Sometimes after I have had a manicure for several days I get bored with it and start to pick and bite at my nails!! EEK. Even after an entire year of purging this habit I still digress. If I don't catch myself in time I eventually will peel the gel polish off my nail (which I know you shouldn't do...) So I will have one or two nails without polish. When this happens I experiment with different polishes or techniques for practice and to see if I like them. So sometimes my nails look like this.
My thumb is a glitter gradient (hard to see over the green), the pointer and pinky fingers are a new polish I just got which I love, my middle finger is a glitter topper that I have been wanting to try and my ring finger is another color changing polish I haven't tried yet. It is brown when cold and pink when warm. I was a little dissapointed with the pink transition though, it just wasn't too much of a contrast. I will have to try this one again and see if it was just my application which made it weird.