Michele and Grant have started to want to save money and have been asking for their own 'penny banks', as they call them. They get so excited whenever they find a penny or other money on the ground and they get disappointed when they realize they have no where to put it. I set aside a couple formula cans over a month ago and I just got to them this weekend.
We measured the cans around and top to bottom and then created a new document in Photoshop Elements and designed them how the kiddos wanted them. Printed and cut them out, then taped them around the can. At first Michele wanted a Christmas themed one because that is when her birthday is, but then she saw the birthday theme scrapbooking kit and got really excited about it.
I have to be honest, Grant had actually fallen asleep on the couch when we made these so I just put his together for him and put what I thought he might like on it. Come to find out he was pretty bummed when he woke up and saw that it was done and that he didn't get to work on it. However, now that it has been a couple days since they were done he has forgotten all about not making it himself and loves it--probably because he has already put in several pennies and a dimes and nickels as well.
We also made a topper for the cans. I should have painted them or something but honestly I just wanted this project done and I knew the kiddos didn't really care if they were painted or not. So, simple was the way to go here.
Just another side view.
Now we just need to teach them the value of money and how to save money for their wants and needs...



