Welcome to My Embroidery Hobby!

Hello! Welcome to my blog. This is the place where I do a little of a lot. I am not really fantastic at one thing or hobby, only okay at a bunch of little things. But that is what makes it fun! I am also a major copycat crafter. I find things I like and then make my own, I rarely come up with good ideas on my own. So Thank You to all you crafters out there who give me great ideas and projects to do!

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Thermal White/Pink Color Changing Gel Nails

My mom gave me some b.m.c. thermal color changing polishes for my birthday and I can't get over how fun these are. This particular color changes from a dark pink when cold to a whiteish-clear color when warm. I added a little bit of stamping because I love the contrast when the nails are cold (pink) and then it isn't that noticeable when they are warm (white). 
To get as accurate as possible to the true pink I went outside and plunged my fingers in the snow for a couple seconds to get good and cold. Then warmed them up in some very warm water. 

But, the transition is my absolute favorite. 
I always thought that my fingers stayed relatively warm throughout the day, but I was surprised to find them changing colors more often then I realized. I especially notice it when exercising. For the first bit of exercise my fingers turn cold because my body is shunting all my blood to my heart and other vital organs, so my nails are pink, but as I continue to exercise the rest of my body warms up and they turn back to white. 
Fun nails and a physiology lesson!

Gel polish: b.m.c. lady incognito
Stamping polish: Konad White
Stamping plate: Qgirl-016
Gel base & top coats: Gelish