Welcome to My Embroidery Hobby!

Hello! Welcome to my blog. This is the place where I do a little of a lot. I am not really fantastic at one thing or hobby, only okay at a bunch of little things. But that is what makes it fun! I am also a major copycat crafter. I find things I like and then make my own, I rarely come up with good ideas on my own. So Thank You to all you crafters out there who give me great ideas and projects to do!

Thursday, December 25, 2014

Frozen Birthday Party

Michele turned 6 yesterday and she wanted a Frozen party. I am not big on themes so I kept it pretty simply but the more I thought about cutting out a whole bunch of snowflakes with my new Cameo, the more excited I got. 
We started with a birthday banner. 

Then cut out about 30 snowflakes of varying sizes and colors (white and hues of blue), hung them from the ceiling using white yarn and also taping them to the walls.


 I found this picture of Olaf online, copy/pasted it to PSE, created a blue and snowflake background, removed Olaf's nose then printed the whole image spread on four pieces of paper. I also made a page of noses.

 Finally taping the edges together and cutting out the noses then tape it to the wall.

We played Don't Eat Sven!! (same as Don't Eat Peet!) This was a super simple thing to make as well. Found images of Sven online, copy/pasted in to PSE, arranged, print and ready to play!

We also made cupcakes with blue frosting and fun snowflake sprinkles.

The birthday girls wearing paper snowflake tiaras coated with glitter spray paint.

A successful simple Frozen birthday party!