Welcome to My Embroidery Hobby!

Hello! Welcome to my blog. This is the place where I do a little of a lot. I am not really fantastic at one thing or hobby, only okay at a bunch of little things. But that is what makes it fun! I am also a major copycat crafter. I find things I like and then make my own, I rarely come up with good ideas on my own. So Thank You to all you crafters out there who give me great ideas and projects to do!

Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Homemade Medals

My kids are always giving each other 'medals'. I am not sure where they even got the notion but they will race around the house then say "Good job! You get a medal!" then pretend to give them to each other. 
It hasn't been until recently that Michele has decided to get all Grant's ties off the tie rack and use those as medals. Drives me nuts because they always get left on the floor. So I finally decided to just make them their own special medals. 
I have kept some baby food glass jars over the past couple months from feeding my 8 month old. I just added a little paint.

I asked the kids what they wanted their medals to be. "Crown, princess, McQueen, Monsters Inc!" were my responses. So I just found some pics online and copy pasted them into my Photoshop Elements, clipped them to some circles and printed them out.

Glued them to the medals--which I also added a little sparkle glue to the edges to make them just a little bit more pretty.

Using a Crop-A-Dile, I punched holes on the top of the rim and threaded a ribbon through, tied a knot and done!

Yae for easy medals! and no more using Grant's ties! These kiddos are winners for sure!