Welcome to My Embroidery Hobby!

Hello! Welcome to my blog. This is the place where I do a little of a lot. I am not really fantastic at one thing or hobby, only okay at a bunch of little things. But that is what makes it fun! I am also a major copycat crafter. I find things I like and then make my own, I rarely come up with good ideas on my own. So Thank You to all you crafters out there who give me great ideas and projects to do!

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Crib Bumpers

Emma, my 5 month old, is now rolling all over the place. It is so fun to watch her get from one side of the room to the other by rolling over and over. The problem comes when she rolls over in her crib at naptime or bedtime and hits her head on the bars because she doesn't have any crib bumpers. Then she wakes up crying, nap over and then she is upset for a while because she didn't get a good nap.
So when I saw this at Joann's, I knew that I wanted to make some.

Six pre-measured and pre-cut bumper pads, woot! Even though I could have bought some bumper pads on Amazon for a little less expensive then what I paid to make them (for the pads and fabric), I feel that this NU-foam padding is more durable than the premade ones, plus I was able to pick my fabric, bonus! (and I would NEVER buy these full price at Joann's. $30! I think that is ridiculous, I used a coupon so it made it worth it)

So we have gone from this:

To This:

The bumper pads come with instructions but I used this online tutorial from sew4home.com. It is a tutorial made specifically for these bumper pads and basically said the exact same thing as the instructions that came with the pads, it just had pictures demonstrating each step. I like pictures.

I really wanted to make them with piping, like the online tutorial did, but I was already a little over budget so I decided to not do piping...sad day. But I am still really pleased with they way they turned out.


Sleep on little Emma, sleep on.