Welcome to My Embroidery Hobby!

Hello! Welcome to my blog. This is the place where I do a little of a lot. I am not really fantastic at one thing or hobby, only okay at a bunch of little things. But that is what makes it fun! I am also a major copycat crafter. I find things I like and then make my own, I rarely come up with good ideas on my own. So Thank You to all you crafters out there who give me great ideas and projects to do!

Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A Rainbow/Colorful Birthday Party Theme

 We just celebrated my four-year-old daughter's birthday party this last weekend. She loves coloring and anything that is bright and pretty so we decided on a rainbow/color birthday party theme.
My awesome friend used her Cameo to cut out the birthday banner. Thank you Diedre! It turned out looking fantastic.



And we had colorful ice cubes to eat with our pizza. I used Koolaid for the first couple batches then just started using food coloring for the last two to save me some sugar :)
and added a little Sprite...

We played several fun games such as Bingo and Find The Shapes (a game made up by our family) but my favorite was the marble painting. I picked up the tupperware tubs at a dollar store and some marbles. It worked out great! Just put down your paper, add a couple random drops of paint on the paper, put down 3-4 marbles and tilt, turn, pivot those marbles all over the place.
It makes some pretty cool art work.

 The birthday girl in a fun, bright skirt! I used the Double Layer Square Circle Skirt from Make It and Love It for the pattern.

My favorite part:
THE CAKE!! I love making these layered cakes. They are so fun.
I found this idea from Pinterest and thought it was perfect! The layers are baked super thin.

Then stacked together with frosting and frozen pvernight.


The website I found this idea at used a biscuit cutter and cut cute circles, but I didn't have a biscuit cutter and couldn't find the right one in time, so we just cut it into squares and cut the edges to make it nice and neat.

A little frosting on top with some candles and TA-DA!



HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Michel-E girl!