I haven't posted much of anything in a LONG time. I didn't do much crafty stuff living at my parents home because (1) I had Collin, (2) Mark was gone for four months finishing up school in MS, (3) I didn't have a good spot for my craft stuff--it finally ended up in our bedroom again to get it out of the way of our main living space, and (4) I was tired...
BUT all of that has now changed! We moved into our new home in Lehi about seven weeks ago and we absolutely love it. After we got most of our boxes unpacked I have been able to do fun stuff around the house. There are definitely more projects in mind but these are what I have done so far.
"WE DO HARD THINGS" simple wall decor. These are 5x7s. I just made each image using scrapbook papers on PSE. Simple but effective, I have it where my kids read it all the time and it is in plain view of their writing desks. I hope this will serve as a reminder that we do hard things, no whining, no moaning, just do them.
Bookshelves! This was one of the first things we got done because we have had a huge box of books packed away since we got married eight years ago. My dad has been gracious enough to store them for us in his storage garage. I searched and searched for a usable bookshelf idea, when I finally came across something like this, I was so excited. I price checked several different places to find the best option and price. We ended up with this and only spent just over $100 on the project. Including wall uprights, shelves, brackets, and screws.
Mark made these bookshelves in MS for a place to put the kids books. I repainted them and put them up in his office for a place to put optometry magazines and whatever else Mark might need up and out of the way (like an extra keyboard...)
Ok, hard to see this picture, but this is my new craft space! It is actually in a room with the treadmill and food storage so we definitely have a multipurpose room going on here. But I don't mind. Heck, I have a space for my craft stuff, it is Awesome. We had these pegboards back in MS as well. I used extra paint from the girls room to give them a little personality. I am set up and ready to work!
PS I LOVE our new carpet in this room! (flooded basement + unsalvagable carpet = NEW carpet!!)
Ahh..probably one of my favorite things. A place to put the kids artwork, school work. or family scriptures we are working on. Michele is a big-time drawer/make-anything-out-of-paper girl so putting this up next to the writing desks has been awesome. The kids also love displaying their artwork. These are technically curtain rods, I picked them up at Ikea.
Got writing desks from Ikea also. This is becoming my favorite spot in the house. I love that the kids don't do homework or crafty things at the kitchen table. My kitchen table will stay nice and the kiddos can use all the markers, crayons, and glue they want on these things! They also love having their own space
There isn't really a good towel rod for multiple towels, not to mention where the kids can actually reach. I have had this idea since moving in and was absolutely thrilled to find these hooks on Amazon.They match the shower curtain perfectly. When they first came in the mail each child claimed "their color" so their towels have to go on the right hook or they get upset.
We knew we couldn't just screw them into the drywall with all the use they would get so I found a board at Hobby Lobby, painted it white, screwed it to the wall then screwed the hooks into it. I am debating putting up some vinyl with their first initial above each hook. It hangs a little too low for the towels but this is really the only wall space we have in the bathroom, but Emma can even reach it so it works. I have yet to make Collin's towel...
I have become quite handy at the drill. It has been so fun to make these projects for our own home. Plenty more in mind...just have to be patient and watch the budget :)










