Welcome to My Embroidery Hobby!

Hello! Welcome to my blog. This is the place where I do a little of a lot. I am not really fantastic at one thing or hobby, only okay at a bunch of little things. But that is what makes it fun! I am also a major copycat crafter. I find things I like and then make my own, I rarely come up with good ideas on my own. So Thank You to all you crafters out there who give me great ideas and projects to do!

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Frisbee Disc Golf Bag

I made Mark a disc golf bag for our 8th anniversary. He really got into disc golf when he was living in Mississippi without us. After all sorts of researching disc golf bags online I finally had an idea of what I wanted it to look like. I didn't have a pattern so I just kinda took his discs that he has and made a rough pattern from that. 
I found an image of a disc golf basket online, digitized it, then embroidered it onto fabric into what would eventually become the front pocket of the bag. I love watching the embroidery machine stitch out. 

Almost completed design. All my pieces and interfacing cut out ready to be sewn together.

Inside zipper pocket!! Boo-yah. Outside of bag and lining complete. I added a pocket for a water bottle on the side. I didn't have any mesh and wasn't exactly sure what to make the pocket out of, so when I found some of that stretchy head band stuff people use for little girls, I figured it would be the perfect pocket. I flipped it so the more puffy side faced the bag to make it look less girly.

 The finish product complete with birdie beads (a score keeping system used in disc golf). I have attached D rings to add a strap. I didn't make one because I wasn't exactly sure what Mark wanted.

I think it turned out pretty cool and Mark was way excited when he saw it. He had no idea I was sewing it for him so it was a fun surprise. And I only had to unstitch seams twice with no major "oh craps". Yae!