My friend in our Young Women's presidency had one of these and wanted me to try and replicate it to give our Laurels. Of course! From what she gave me these are first ones made.
Without the embroidery it takes about 5 minutes to make one.
I think the monogram just makes it extra cute, fun, and special.
Just so I can remember the measurements and everything, I am going to do a brief tutorial.
Measurements:
1 1/2 inch ribbon (grosgrain works best for embroidery)
Length: 15"
The monogram is a 2" design height
Seal cut edges of ribbon with lighter to prevent fraying. If monogramming, measure 3 1/4" down the top of the ribbon in the middle and place a dot to mark the center of the design.
Embroider letter. I just used a tear away stabilizer and hooped the ribbon with it.
Fold the top sealed edge down 1/4". I used the handle of my scissors to help get a good crease.
Fold the bottom sealed edge down 1/4" then another 1".
Bring the bottom up to meet folded top edge so the bottom overlaps the top by about 1/4". Crease bottom fold.
Pin in place.
Sew down both long sides, making sure to back stitch (a couple times) near the top where the ends overlap. Slide in your nail file. Done.
Now make about 13 more.





