Not a craft, but a really great problem fix.
My four-year-old daughter, Michele, loves My Little Pony. Consequently, we now we have several ponies with some crazy frizzie hair. And Michele attempting to comb through her ponies hair only resulted in worse frizz with some added poof. I researched on Pinterest and found that if you pour about 4 tablespoons of liquid fabric softener into a couple cups of HOT water, dip the pony's hair in it, then comb in out with a fine tooth comb, it will make it look all pretty again. So we tried it.
Crazy pony hair:
Dipped hair in liquid softener solution (behind the ponies):
Now, I used Downy and it made my water a bluish/gray color so I wasn't sure what would happen to the ponies after I dipped their hair in it.
Placed on towel and combed out.
As we finished with them we wrapped their manes around their necks and tails around their back leg so it would curl, then we let them sit for a couple hours to fully dry. Michele was pretty excited to finally get her ponies hair done.
Whataya know, it worked! We now have some pretty MLP hair. It is even easier to comb through with a brush now, which Michele loves. Rainbow Dash has some weird blue tinsel stuff in her hair so it still looks kinds crazy, but the actual hair is nice and smooth. Having the weird blueish/gray solution didn't seem to make any difference/change to the ponies, so it all worked out well.
Pretty.