Welcome to My Embroidery Hobby!

Hello! Welcome to my blog. This is the place where I do a little of a lot. I am not really fantastic at one thing or hobby, only okay at a bunch of little things. But that is what makes it fun! I am also a major copycat crafter. I find things I like and then make my own, I rarely come up with good ideas on my own. So Thank You to all you crafters out there who give me great ideas and projects to do!

Thursday, March 14, 2013

Clip Hair Bow Making

Whenever I see flower hair clips at the stores or botiques, I always say to myself, "that looks easy, I could make that myself and not spent X amount of dollars on it". So I end up not buying the cute hair bows but I never actually go home and make them. Well, last week, I said enough is enough. I found an online store alwaysuderpay.com a long time ago and have always wanted to buy cute flowers/bows but never have, until now. I spent $20 for 48 flowers/hair bows and 24 head bands, 12 of them lace and 12 of them the soft fold over elastic. Shipping was $7 which was a bummer but in the end worth it.
I have pulled out my felt (to glue on the back of the flowers), ribbon, my 100 count set of double pronged clips (from Sally's), ribbon (to glue on the metal clips), and the glue gun with plenty 'o glue sticks. Let the hair bow making begin!!