Welcome to My Embroidery Hobby!

Hello! Welcome to my blog. This is the place where I do a little of a lot. I am not really fantastic at one thing or hobby, only okay at a bunch of little things. But that is what makes it fun! I am also a major copycat crafter. I find things I like and then make my own, I rarely come up with good ideas on my own. So Thank You to all you crafters out there who give me great ideas and projects to do!

Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Blessing Dress and Accessories

So I might have gotten a little carried away for my baby's blessing day. But this is how it was done.

Turning this:
 into this:
 Fantastically easy, simple, and inexpensive. I bought one yard of ruffle fabric at Hobby Lobby. Normally $12/yard, I had a 40% off coupon so it came to something like $7, I also bought some white satin for a lining. I just sewed the lining and ruffle fabric into tubes, basted them together, cut the onesie at the empire waist area, then sewed it to the ruffle fabric.
 I had extra fabric, after all, I did buy a whole yard (it's that 'just in case' side of me), so I made Michele a skirt to match. Found this perfect shirt on clearance at Children's Place (a little big but rather that than too small). I made matching flowers for Michele and Emma using a tutorial from Make It and Love It.

And so of course Grant had to match as well. So I made him a new tie with the same fabric as the flowers!

One happy matching family! I am so glad I was able to get a picture of all my cute kids together!

 So, a blessing dress, skirt, two flower hair bows, turquoise shirt, and tie for $16 plus change.
I did make some cute white shoes for Emma as well, but I made them a little too small and they hurt her feet, so I just bagged them. It made me a little sad but I didn't want to fret or dwell on a pair of silly shoes.