We celebrated our Pioneer Day last weekend at our church and were encouraged to come dressed up as pioneers. While not truly authentic, it was still fun to get dressed up and I think these kids look adorable/handsome!
For Michele, I found this bonnet pattern from Home Delicious which was really easy and I was able to make in less than 1 1/2 hours. The tutorial is for an adult bonnet so I just skimmed down the sizes she called for by a few inches and it ended up being perfect for a child, it is even slightly too big for Michele so I could have gone smaller.
The skirt I found from Make it and Love It. I wanted something that she could use for this activity and to church.
All we did for this handsome boy was make him some suspenders. We used our white Sunday shirt, rolled up the sleeves and pulled out his boots. The suspenders tutorial is also from Make It and Love It (of course). It is nice because you can make them any length/size you want. I even joke with my husband Mark that I was going to make him some too. :)