Welcome to My Embroidery Hobby!

Hello! Welcome to my blog. This is the place where I do a little of a lot. I am not really fantastic at one thing or hobby, only okay at a bunch of little things. But that is what makes it fun! I am also a major copycat crafter. I find things I like and then make my own, I rarely come up with good ideas on my own. So Thank You to all you crafters out there who give me great ideas and projects to do!

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Long Sleeve to Short

When I woke up this morning and realized my 3-year old needed a red shirt for picture day at her preschool. There are several classes in her preschool and each class has a color, Michele is in the red group so they ask that each child wear their class color for the class picture. But Michele doesn't have a red shirt, bah! I forgot! Well, she has a long sleeve red shirt but it is 80 degrees here and that just wasn't going to work. So I pulled out that red long sleeved shirt, used a short sleeve shirt as a pattern and cut the sleeves off about 1/2 longer than the pink shirt.

Then I just folded the raw edges up about 1/2 inch and used my double needle to stitch a hem.

Now she is ready for her picture day at preschool in a nice and cool short sleeve red shirt.