This post isn't all that crafty, just...inventive. We don't have a bed skirt for our bed. I didn't want to buy one and I looked online on how to make one. I found several ideas, some involved using way too much fabric, others were very simple and doable. But I didn't want to go and buy materials, I wanted to see if I could use something in my stash of fabric.
Here is the view from our family room into our bedroom. Ugh, I really don't like how you can see everything that we hide under our bed.
Yes, that is a door under there...
So after digging through my stuff I found a long piece of minky fabric. Haha, looks kinda weird, I know. But it makes things look so much better when you are sitting in the family room.
Oh, and I didn't do anything sneaky. I just pinned my fabric to the box spring. But here is the problem:
The piece of fabric wasn't long enough. But you can't tell that from the family room so it works great. However, it only covers this side of the bed, the other side is an unchanged wide-open view of all of our food storage. But that is fine. It doesn't bug me and I am the only one who sees that side of the bed because it is mine.
So, this is my version of a semi-ghetto bed skirt.