Welcome to My Embroidery Hobby!

Hello! Welcome to my blog. This is the place where I do a little of a lot. I am not really fantastic at one thing or hobby, only okay at a bunch of little things. But that is what makes it fun! I am also a major copycat crafter. I find things I like and then make my own, I rarely come up with good ideas on my own. So Thank You to all you crafters out there who give me great ideas and projects to do!

Monday, January 31, 2011

Lollipop Guild Invites

The Relief Society sisters in my ward are crazy. They are so incredibly talented, cute, crafty, and love to go overboard on what-use-to-be-called Enrichment Nights; which is why I love them. Boy do I stand out as a sore-thumb.
March is the Relief Society's birthday month. So we are doing a "Wizard of Oz" theme. The theme idea came from here.
Since I have the opportunity to be on the activity committee I was in charge of the invites. Part of our advertisement is that the Lollipop Guild wants to invite the sisters to dine with Dorothy in Oz. So, thanks to the Silhouette, an invite was printed and then cut out in the shape of lollipops on colorful paper. Then I found the lollipop design in the Silhouette Studio online store "lollipop_C00351_18816". Cut it in the vinyl, slapped it on a bowl, added popsicle sticks to the paper lollipops and we have a cute handout for Relief Society on Sunday. .


Oh, and this is the reminder that goes by the door in front of the Relief Society room. I thought it was just plain funny. Great picture.