This summer I would love it if Mark would build a bunk bed for the kids. I found this amazing website called ana-white.com where she walks you through step by step on how to build wood projects. But constructing a bunk bed right-off-the-bat was a little too enthusiastic so to ease us into it I found these super simple shelves and I knew exactly where I wanted them.
Just perfect for the kids books.
Even reachable for little Grant.
We bought the wood for both shelves from Home Depot costing less than $15. Spray paint was $3 and some sand paper for about $2. Two shelves for $20?! Yes Please! Plus I have other plans for this green spray paint, mwahaha.
We changed the design ever so slightly on the shelves, a personal preference. But I love them! Mark did a great job. And thanks to the Sloan's for letting us use their miter saw (and screws!). Between cutting and screwing it must have taken about 30 minutes from start to finish on these. Easy peasy.