I have always wanted to make a bed quilt for my bed. I had grand ideas, but they either took too much time or cost too much (or both). So I went with a very simple design with blues and greens. I have been working on this project for a while, a long while. I got the pattern from 'bluemeadowdesigns' on Etsy, it is called 'Exclamation'. The actual sewing didn't take too long, the circles are appliques, and I had it quilted at The Quilters Cottage in American Fork. They did a GREAT job. I love it.
The lady who quilted it stitched several different types of designs on it. The green stripes all have a specific design, the blue circles have another, there is a white sub-border with a another design, and another design for the rest of it.
This is what it looks like from the back. It is a corner. The large nested flower in the bottom left of the pic is what the large blue circles are on the front. Then you can see what is the green stripe and then the white sub-border with what looks like leaves and cherries.
Well, now that the quilt is done, I am deciding what to do for the pillows. And of course, I will post those when I get them done.