Welcome to My Embroidery Hobby!

Hello! Welcome to my blog. This is the place where I do a little of a lot. I am not really fantastic at one thing or hobby, only okay at a bunch of little things. But that is what makes it fun! I am also a major copycat crafter. I find things I like and then make my own, I rarely come up with good ideas on my own. So Thank You to all you crafters out there who give me great ideas and projects to do!

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Twirl Pettiskirts

Love, love, love these pettiskirts. These were the outfits for Michele and Sophia at my little brother's wedding. Thanks to Ashley at Make It and Love It for easy detailed instructions with pictures! It can be found here. I would recommend having a gathering foot, it will make everything go much quicker.
The chiffon I actually bought in precut widths, which save ALOT of cutting. My mom and I figured out that if you were to buy it by the yard and cut it yourself you might save about $4-6. So, you need to ask yourself if all that cutting is worth the $5. The skirts are the same size for Michele and Sophie, Michele is 21 months and Sophie is 1 year. Each skirt used a 4" wide roll of 30 yards plus a 2" wide roll of 60 yards, so it is alot of yardage. The chiffon website of precut rolls is here.




This is Michele stealing Mawmaw's icecream. The best Great-Grandma ever!
And No, Michele would NOT wear her shoes.

PS My sister used some extra chiffon to make the hair bows and the corsages.