Inside each block is a name for each child and grandchild as far as 2009. The top left block says "Kevin and Laureen Curtis Family 2009". The reason the quilt looks so busy and crazy is because I searched for fabric that I thought matched each person in the family, so each square matches that person. Hopefully that makes sense.
Welcome to My Embroidery Hobby!
Hello! Welcome to my blog. This is the place where I do a little of a lot. I am not really fantastic at one thing or hobby, only okay at a bunch of little things. But that is what makes it fun! I am also a major copycat crafter. I find things I like and then make my own, I rarely come up with good ideas on my own. So Thank You to all you crafters out there who give me great ideas and projects to do!
Wednesday, May 26, 2010
Grandma's Family Quilt
This quilt I have been working on for about 2 years. I wanted to make my mom and mother-in-law family autograph quilts for Mother's Day in 2008. Well, I finally finished it a little after Mother's Day in 2010. This one is my mother-in-law's, my mom's isn't finished yet (I will finish it someday).
Inside each block is a name for each child and grandchild as far as 2009. The top left block says "Kevin and Laureen Curtis Family 2009". The reason the quilt looks so busy and crazy is because I searched for fabric that I thought matched each person in the family, so each square matches that person. Hopefully that makes sense.
I know that additional grandchildren will be born so Grandpa Curtis had the good idea to make a pillow each year with all the grandchildren that were born that year.
Inside each block is a name for each child and grandchild as far as 2009. The top left block says "Kevin and Laureen Curtis Family 2009". The reason the quilt looks so busy and crazy is because I searched for fabric that I thought matched each person in the family, so each square matches that person. Hopefully that makes sense.
Project Classification:
Embroidery,
Sewing